Thursday, July 7, 2011

22 and still clueless

It's my birthday today, shout hooray! I wasn't super stoked on celebrating my birthday in India, but as I thought about it I wouldn't be too awesome at home either. The parentals would be at work and the siblings aren't at home. So India it is :)

I woke up a little bit earlier than usual to skype with Heidi, Luke, and Taft. It was fun the connection was pretty good and Taft actually talked to me! He said a number of things including, "thanks is silly" "I love you" "happy birthday" and "big hug, big kiss- (as he blew me a kiss)" it was a super fun talk.

My mom called 3 times during my skype sesh with Heidi so I called her back and got to talk to my dad too! It was a lot of fun and they told me I get to go shopping at the Nordstrom sale when I get back woot woot! They bought me a camera to bring to India for my birthday so knowing that I get to do more makes me extra excited. (My camera stopped working today, I've only had it 2 weeks) They better replace or refund!

After skype I walked back to my room and saw that my window and door had been decorated by Kim J and Kim L. So cute! I would post a picture but the whole camera issue. At morning conclave everyone sang me happy birthday, and then I was on construction group for the day. When we got to the colony Victor, the colony leader, didn't show up for 30 minutes. When he finally showed up he said the stuff for us to do wouldn't be there for another 30 minutes. We took a vote and decided to leave. No construction today!

Instead we toured the old folks home in the colony, went to the junction for people to buy things, then came back to the hostel. We are having a water balloon fight this afternoon so we filled up 500 balloons! We broke probably at least 50 in the process but we filled up 8 buckets so that's good enough. By the end I looked like I had gone swimming but it was fun and I'm excited to play with the kids tonight!

Overall it's been a great birthday and I'm grateful to be celebrating in India!

p.s. On our way back to RSO we stopped at More store (a grocery store) and I stayed in the van but Britt came back with almonds and gum for my birthday! Two of the things that were stolen out of my bag from dumb TSA! I was super happy, and Kim L bought me 2 things of top ramen... holla back!

5 comments:

  1. Lanx Happy Birthday!! Your blog is so fun to read. I miss you. I think its so cool you are in India. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lanxie, happy birthday again and may the celebration continue when you get home:) Glad that the day had some fun moments and that you got some gum and almonds...way to go Britt!
    One more day at RSO and then you're on your way home! Wahooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good birthday Wanx! It was fun skyping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends are thoughtful :) I'm glad you had a good birthday!! We're gonna do some mad shopping at Nordstrom. Whoop whoop!! Can't believe you're coming home so soon!! Better get Dracula all cleaned up.. :/ haha love you wunksth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy B-day. I'm jealous you skyped with the Herway boys....I have yet to get that treat, but I hope to talk them into skyping with us soon!
    Enjoy your shopping bash....and I agree, you better get a refund on your camera!

    ReplyDelete