Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bags coming today? Maybe?!

For the third day in a row we got wind that we should get our bags today! Our drivers had to go into Chennai today to take the founder of Rising Star, Becky Douglas, to do some administrative things. They are planning to pick up our bags for us, so we had to provide them with copies of our passports, visas, flight tickets, and baggage claim tickets. Hopefully with all of this information they will be able to bring us back our bags tonight! It has been 5 days with only one change of clothes and it has been difficult.

It is amazing what you take for granted in the states. Ice, cold fruit, cold water, basically anything cold. Grocery stores without bugs, beds, pillows, the list could go on. The interesting thing is in America the children are given so much, and yet I feel the kids here are just as happy if not more so. Some may say ignorance is bliss, or something along those lines. Regardless of those excuses it goes to show that as a nation dependent on consumption, the US could go without in many areas and still be happy.

Today I was on special projects and we worked on building a shed for the pet sheep Lola. Sound pointless? It kind of was but it was also fun to work with our hands and as a team.

We got our bags tonight at 10:00!! halleyuah!! TSA went through our bags and totally destroyed them! They also stole my Lacoste sunglasses, costco size mixed nuts, costco size box of gum, and my Adams peanut butter! I am so sad but yet so happy to get my bags. Bittersweet :)

1 comment:

  1. OH LANX!!! I'm so sorry that they destroyed your luggage and stole your stuff....FOR RUDE!
    I can send you some more stuff if you think it would get to you. Let me know.
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete