Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yesterday and Today

Today was a good day. My group was on construction but it was a way awesome construction day! We worked in an assembly line and it was so efficient and easy that it didn't feel like we did much work, but yet we accomplished a lot.When we finished our construction manager took us to the local snake charmer to see the cobra he caught! We watched him agitate/play with the snake and eventually devenom him! This particular charmer drinks the venom so he can build up an immunity to the bites--- cuurrazzzy! (he dilutes it with water but still!)

After the snake charmer was messing with him the snake broke free and that's when everyone is sprinting and yelling cuss words as they go it was madness.
We made it to the Bindu school of art and looked through a lot of paintings. These paintings are really neat because they are painted by people afflicted with leprosy. Some are missing fingers and almost all are missing toes and more. It was really neat to look through the art but I haven't been able to pick yet.
Instead of family time I skyped with my mom for 45 min! She was at work but no biggie right mom? I also bought some Skype credit so I can call direct phone lines. I was able to talk to my sister Tates for a little bit too. I tried facetiming my dad and brother multiple times but never got through to them. (nog I would've called you but it was pretty early your time)
My dad got my voicemail and as a response he wrote me one of the sweetest emails I almost cried. When I showed it to Kim she got choked up too. I have an awesome family!
This morning I was able to Skype with my dad and that was awesome too! Today is my halfway point it's been great!

Tutoring was not super fun tonight but that's okay. It's just hard when students don't really want to learn or put the effort in. Also our AC is broken in every room of the elephant house so that's not super cool either. It's colder outside than inside--which seems crazy. I'm outside but now it is raining on my laptop-awesome? I think not. However, the cooler weather is much appreciated.

Tomorrow I am on medical and then Friday morning at 3:00 a.m. we leave to Chennai so we can fly to New Delhi. There we will drive on a 6 hour bus ride to visit the Taj Mahal then back 6 hours then fly to Chennai and drive 3 hours back to RSO so it is going to be a lot of traveling in a few days-but it is definitely worth it to visit one of the 7 wonders of the WORLD!

When I left I didn't think I would miss anybody from home--I was wrong. I miss all of my family. I was looking through pictures on my phone and it made me miss my nephews a lot and Moca and Maya (our past dogs) I'd love to get my own pup when I get back home--that'd be super :D

That's about all for now

3 comments:

  1. Wow, cobras and snake charmers! That freaks me out.
    I read Dad's email to you too (he copied me on it)....you are right, he is awesome and his email was the best!
    I'm excited that you get to go to the Taj Mahal!!! Have a great time and take lots of pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't want to be a snake charmer??? Geez. Venom might be a delicacy in India????

    ReplyDelete